Monday 22 April 2013

New Selection, Your Choice

It was 3 in the afternoon, the lazy missus just woke up whilst the husband was watching Star Trek in the living room.
We always go to the same little cafe downstairs for food, where food are nice and imexpensive, more importantly it's a local business that I consume over a decade.
Mr. Hughes excitingly suggested Taiwanese dumplings in the shopping mall, however Mrs. Hughes was not up for such idea as she didn't feel like eating dumplings.
After wandering around, the couples happily settled in this Vietnamese restaurant, which we have talked about trying when we last sat at the Taiwanese one on the other side.
The Salty Lemon Ginger Beer was ordered for Mr. Hughes, and the Ox Tongue with noodles was most appreciated by the mister.
I was pleased to see how much my husband had enjoyed his meal, even though he didn't get what he wanted at the first place.
In other eyes, I might seem to be a bossy wife sometimes, but the marriage goes nicely like this with one respecting another,
and I can confidently say Mr. Hughes is so much in love with his missus, and this is what I appreciate every single day.

Shopping for food in the market together was next and this has surprised me how popular my husband is and what people said has made me a proud wife.
At the fruit store, the boss lady asked if this was my husband and his Cantonese was taught by me, then she complimented how good his Cantonese is.
At the vegetable store, the boss lady called Mr. Hughes 'Leng Jai', and he replied 'Mm Koi Sai, Dor Jie Sai' with so much laughters in the air.

Now, Mr. Hughes is in bed for some sleep before going to work in a few hours time.
Only 2 hours we have had of today together, and look how we made this little time filling with joy and loving.

To keep a marriage fresh and sound,  we must be creative and willing to try new things.
I was told that I was brave to stop working but it was the right decision, for the sake of my marriage.
I chose to spend more time with my husband and look after him better as working in Hong Kong is a new experience to him.
At the same time, my mother is working towards expanding her business so she would need the time and effort of me and my brother.
This is it, we can think of so many positive things from just one little thought today.

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment