Sunday 28 April 2013

10% of Luck + 40% of Opportunity + 50% of Effort = Dream Come True

Effort consists of the time you have spent, the experience you have earned, the network you have made and the courage you have created;
Although a piece of a lucky sign is always on me, which brings me luck every now and again,
with the massive effort I have made, I believe I deserve something better and I am ready for more...

I am not greedy and not easily satisfied because I want a better life!! What is wrong with that?
Having wasted so much time wandering around, not knowing what to do and where to go,
Courage took me to the place where I dreamt of a better life, and thankfully...
the opportunity came along when I was well prepared.

New life in Bristol -
It must be the second day in Bristol, I met Mr. Hughes at the hotel I was staying in for 9 days
and he cheekily got my number for making sure his General Manager could get hold of me for a job interview the following day;
Remembering the interview with the General Manager was arranged on a Saturday, my third day in Bristol;
A flat was found for me to move in and a great boss lady who is so good at coaching, has also given me a job to start my new life in a western country;
I was 28, flew to England on my own with one way ticket plus a 2-year visa on 15 July;
So, a place to live, a job for a living were sorted within 2 weeks... and Mr. Hughes??? I found him quite attractive in the beginning to be honest.

Living in England was like a dream come true eventually... however it was not quite what I imagined.
Working culture was so different and people were quite difficult to understand and deal with.
After knowing more about English guys and my trip back to The Netherlands, my heart was broken into pieces and I was no longer hoping to meet anyone decent; until one evening I worked with the Senior GSM, he did a good job for making me smile and laugh all night at work, after I bursted into tears for a couple of hours before I went to work that day.
He told me that he had no idea what to do when he would see a girl crying... then I said 'for me... a hug is enough!'
Shift finished at 11pm, we were to walk separately as we lived opposite direction from work, but Mr. Hughes stopped me before me heading to my way home and gave me a big hug, it was a very cold night and I felt very warm in his arms.

On 12 Dec 2010, we went out for 'hanging out' for the first time.

On 1 April 2011, it was not a joke but an internal promotion - GSM

At midnight on 12 Dec 2011, Mr. Hughes woke me up in the dark and popped out the question with a special design and resized ring with Sapphire.

On 12 May 2012, we both left the UK for moving back to Hong Kong.

Mrs. Hughes to be, luckily found a job in 3 weeks to support our life together in a decent flat for two of us.

On 12 12 12, congratulations to the newly wed Mr. & Mrs. Hughes!!!
**In my mind, I still can't believe that I found such a wonderful man and married him**
Whenever I told Mr. Hughes how lucky I was to have met him, then he would say we are lucky and we deserve each other.

Having new challenges in 2013, may Mr. & Mrs. Hughes find their way out with better jobs and more experiences.

We have been relocated for almost a year and we are aiming towards a even better life together, with more love and money (potentially for baby Hughes) ^^

 

No comments:

Post a Comment